Iowa State University hosts five Cyber Defense Competitions (CDC) each year. CDCs are held on a Friday and Saturday. Friday is for final set up and the actual competition starts at 8 a.m. on Saturday. The scenario for the competition is released about four weeks prior to the event so that teams can start building their Blue Team network.
How to get involved in the CDC
- Become a Sponsor. Companies and organizations can sponsor one or more CDCs. Check out our sponsorship letter, which describes the opportunities, here.
- Play on the Blue Team. Three of the CDCs are open to certain groups outside of Iowa State.
- The Community College CDC is open to any community college in Iowa and surrounding states.
- The National CDC is open to any school in Iowa and surrounding states.
- The High School CDC is open to any Iowa high school that participates in the Innovate-IT program.
- Play on the Red Team. Members of the Red Team attack the Blue Team on Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. We welcome anyone who is interested in being a part of the Red Team. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
- Play on the Green Team. The Green Team members are users and will spend Saturday testing the usability of the Blue Team systems.
- Visit the competition. Anyone is welcome to stop by and visit the CDC during setup on Friday afternoon, or during the competition on Saturday.
CDC dates for 2022-2023
- Iowa State University CDC: October 14-15, 2022
- Community College CDC: December 2-3, 2022
- National CDC: February 3-4, 2023
- Iowa State University CDC: March 24-25, 2023
- High School CDC: April 22, 2023
If you are interested in participating in a CDC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest!