The Cybersecurity Advisory Council (CSAC) was created after the Information Assurance Center—now CyIO—and the Information Technology Services at Iowa State University partnered to address the increased complexity of security, the growing demand for security and to educate the workforce. The CSAC guides CyIO and ITS when improving the security posture on campus. More specifically, the CSAC enhances cybersecurity research education and outreach missions of Iowa State University.
- Identify and acknowledge emerging cyber threats and trends
- Provide input in security curriculum on K-12, undergraduate and graduate levels
- Suggest security outreach efforts
- Give insight and guidance on new and emerging research opportunities
- Guide the state-wide cybersecurity test bed
- Advise best practices for cyber security across campus